Lime paints and coatings
Lime Paints and Coatings: A Virginia Lime Works technology
Vibrant, beautiful, and easy to use.
Virginia Lime Works LimePaint is a natural blend of lime, casein, and other 100% natural additives for applications on masonry and renders. It can be used on new builds and historic preservation. It is made from natural materials, which makes it wonderful to use in ecologically friendly buildings.
Lime Paints and Coatings: Advantages
- Lime Paint Coatings protect from water damage and wind erosion while allowing underlying materials to "breathe" naturally.
- The product will not leach or run, and only abrasion will remove it. The addition of Lime Paint Coatings protect structures against deterioration and pocking.
- Environmentally friendly: lime is carbon negative, absorbing carbon dioxide
- Virginia Lime Works paint is based on traditional formulas that date back over a century.
- Unlike many lime washes Virginia Lime Works product is stable and produces little to no dusting. It can be applied in a single coat for short-term protection while longer term protection can be had with only 2-3 coats.
Using Virginia Lime Works coatings and paints with compressed soil block technology creates an innovative and environmentally friendly approach to construction.
Using Lime Coatings with Compressed Soil Block (CSB)
For specific examples of construction elements using CSB and Lime Paints and Coatings visit our page here.
For questions and more detailed information visit the Virginia Lime Works website here.