Compressed Block and Lime Coatings
Compressed Soil Block and Lime Paints and Coatings are two technologies that make up the Grounded Infrastructure Solutions group.
All vertical structures, wells, and underground storage areas are made with Compressed Soil Block (CSB) treated with Lime Paints and Coatings. These products in combination create breathable and water repellent structures that are strong, clean, and attractive.
Highlighted are some examples of key elements of a functional site using CSB and Lime Paints and Coatings.
Cool food storage
Underground root cellars provide and excellent way to build sustainable, cool food storage.
- Excavate intended area
- Line walls with compressed soil block
- Construct vaults of arches to support the underground structure
- Apply hydrated lime plaster and a coat of lime paint to enhance cellar's fresh smell and appearance.
CSB and Lime allow for clean and efficient transport of water from source, to final destination while remaining cost effective.
- CSB is used to build and elevated channel for water to flow
- The channel is coated with hydraulic lime which is waterproof and will continue to harden over time
- The high pH of lime does not support bacterial growth keeping water reasonably clean prior to purification
- An optional addition of a closed pipe in the channel bed may further decrease collection of contaminants.
Cisterns allow purified water to be stored for periods of time as well as storing gray-water prior to further purification.
- Dig a well to desired depth and diameter
- Line interior walls with CSB
- Shape cylindrical interior using a soil block cutter
- Finish with a hydraulic lime coating to seal the block